Monday, October 27, 2008

The Big Day


Well when I was 38 week along they decided to induce me because I had three times the amniotic fluid most people have. So on the night of September 19th me and Brad headed up to the hospital so that I could start the induction process. The gave me cervidal (it thins your cervix)through the night. I remember that I could not sleep at all because I was so nervous for the next day. They also did an ultrasound to make sure the baby was in the right position. Well the night went by slowly and morning finally came. They started me on Pitocin to start up the contractions, but my Dr wanted another utrasound to check the babys postion. The baby had turned breech over night. So they stopped the contractions, gave me my epidural so that they could turn the baby to the right position. It took two tries and they finally got him turned Brad said it was the freakiest thing he had ever seen, I passed out for the whole thing so i didnt get to witness the freakiness. Besides me and Brad we had alot of family at the hospital. My parents, his parents, and his Aunt Janie came up to support us through this all. After a long day of labor Gavin John Palfreyman was born at 7:00p.m. weighing 8'7, and was 20 inches long.

No comments: