Monday, October 27, 2008

My pregnancy



The rest of the pregnancy went on normally. It was just hard always knowing in the back of my mind what was going to happen once he was born. I had to go up to LDS twice a week for non stress tests, where they would hook me up to a moniter and make sure that the baby looked alright. A month before I had the baby we went and met with the director of the NICU at primarys. His name was Dr.Null, he explained what would happen that I would have to deliver at the University of Utah and the baby would be put through a special window into the NICU where he would be intibated and transferred to Primarys. He also took us on a tour of the NICU, he took us to the "Ecmo" room where our baby would spend the first part of his life. I lost it when I went in and saw a baby with the same problem as ours hooked up to all the different machines. It was on a ventilator, had picc lines, and was on ecmo which is a heart and lung bypass machine. This all seemed so suddenly real this was really going to happen. I was devistated.

No comments: